Community Hospice Care as a community resource seeks to support anyone caring for a family member or friend, or to anyone affected by the death of a loved one. The bereavement program offers guidance and companionship during transition after loss. The following services are available to you and your family at no cost. For more information, call 419-447-4040 to speak with a member of the bereavement/support services’ staff.
- Personal contacts
- Grief educational materials
- Library resources
- Assessment of needs
- Support group and referral information
- Workshops as needed for children, teen, parents, widow/widowers, holiday, etc.
- Bereavement newsletters
- Caregiver resources
- Children’s Bereavement Camp
- Individual consultation and scheduled group support. Call 419-447-4040 for more details
Periodic mailings will be sent to you if you wish containing information abut the natural grief process and changes involved. You may want to share this with other family members and friends.
If you would like to request a time to meet individually to talk about concerns or how you are feeling, please call the bereavement/support service staff at the hospice office, 419-447-4040.
Specific Support Programs:
Hospice offers a variety of support programs that are open to the community as well as hospice families.
- Living with Loss Grief Support coordinated with Mercy Willard Hospital
- 3rd Thursday of the Month 2:30-4:00pm
- Living with Loss Grief Support at Community Hospice Care
- 2nd Thursday of the Month 10:00a-11:30a
- Survivors of Suicide Support Group at Community Hospice Care
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month 3:00-5:00pm
- Exploring Life’s Changes” provides individual support for children who are coping with illness or death of a loved one. Seasonal workshops and day camps, ages 5-15, are available as needed with age specific activities including story time, making memory books, videos and more.
- “Teen Grief” – individual support for grieving teens. Support groups will be held as needed.
- “Caregiver’s Support” – offers information, library resources & care bags to anyone in the role of a caregiver in their home, family members’ home or nursing facility.
A minimum number of people will be needed to have these groups.
Annual Memorial Service:
Each fall a service of “remembrance” is held for hospice patients cared for in the previous calendar year. All family members and members of the community are welcome to attend.
181 E. Perry St., Tiffin, OH 44883
Phone (419) 447-4040 Fax (419) 447-4657